Record high investment volume in Dutch healthcare real estate
The investment volume in Dutch healthcare real estate has reached an all-time high. 2016 showed transactions totaling approximately €465 million.This record amount can be partially explained by the number of excellent healthcare properties that have become available for investors. Investors also have sufficient available capital. CBRE’s Dutch Healthcare Real Estate Trends Report has provided insight into the latest trends in the healthcare real estate market. The most important findings have been summarized below:
- In 2016, healthcare real estate transactions were registered at a value of approximately €465 million. Dutch investors were responsible for approximately 70% of this investment volume. The remaining 30% was purchased by foreign parties.
- The average volume of transactions amounted to approximately €6 million in 2016.
- Approximately 55% of the available real estate was sold by healthcare institutions. Developers or housing associations sold approximately 35% and the remaining 10% was sold between investors.
- The prime gross initial yields for the various types of healthcare real estate continued to decline in the past year. This trend was strongest in primary care real estate, residential care apartments and private residential care. CBRE expects that this trend will continue in 2017.
- More and more healthcare institutions are deciding to focus on their primary care processes and are selling their outpatient healthcare properties.
- New financiers mean a wider range in funding options for the purchase of healthcare real estate.
The forecasts indicate that this growth shows no signs of slowing and will only increase in the coming years. CBRE expects that the 2017 investment record will be broken again and that the market will continue to expand.
CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE:CBRE), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (based on 2019 revenue). The company has more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliates) and serves real estate investors and occupiers through more than 530 offices (excluding affiliates) worldwide. CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services. Please visit our website at www.cbre.com.