Amsterdam,
03
August
2016
|
10:30
Europe/Amsterdam

Continuing strong growth of investments in healthcare real estate

The growth of the investment volume in Dutch healthcare real estate is firmly persisting. In CBRE's most recent issue of the Healthcare Trend report, we examine the trends and developments in this market. Below we have summarized the highlights. 

  • Approximately €241 million in healthcare real estate was purchased by commercial investors in H1 2016.
  • About 32% of this investment volume was purchased by both foreign and domestic newcomers to this market.
  • Approximately 59% of the real estate was sold by healthcare institutions. The remaining 41% was sold by developers or housing associations.
  • The investment volume in the private residential care segment has quadrupled compared to the volume over the whole of 2015.
  • The volume of investments in inpatient residential care doubled compared to the volume over the whole of 2015.
  • Gross initial yields for the different types of healthcare real estate have dropped, we expect this trend to continue in the years to come.

Please click here to download the report. 

About CBRE

CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE:CBRE), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (based on 2018 revenue). The company has more than 90,000 employees (excluding affiliates) and serves real estate investors and occupiers through more than 480 offices (excluding affiliates) worldwide. CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services. Please visit our website at www.cbre.com.