Demand for prime retail properties remains strong
The latest developments in the retail market in the first half-year of 2016 have been published. The MarketView Netherlands Retail demonstrates the following:
- Demand for prime retail properties remains strong due to expansion of financially resilient retailers
- The stream of bankruptcies in the retail sector continued; 10 large retailers closed their doors during the past 6 months
- Vacant stores were partly reopened by expanding industry peers. Nevertheless, vacancy increased by 7.6%
- The investment volume of the first half year of 2016 decreased by 40% compared to the same period in 2015. The decline was caused by an one-off large transaction in the first half of 2015. Excluding this transaction, the investment volume increased by 38%
- Net initial yields of prime retail units and shopping centres continued to decline
Please click here to download the report.
CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE:CBRE), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (based on 2018 revenue). The company has more than 90,000 employees (excluding affiliates) and serves real estate investors and occupiers through more than 480 offices (excluding affiliates) worldwide. CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services. Please visit our website at www.cbre.com.